- December 30, 2016
Persuasive speech topics convince a reader to embrace the point of view presented by the writer. The audience must be convinced by way of an argument or application.
Persuasion is all over in way of advertisement, brochures, junk mail and many others. Look around you and you will note a form of persuasion or the other.
Alliteration, similes, pun, irony, metaphors are key in funny essay topics. Balancing your words and not going over the top in trying to be funny will be receptive to your target reader.
Funny Persuasive Speech
This type of writing gives colour to the speech and the effect is unrivalled. Fun element is engaged in all aspects of writing. A funny persuasive speech must bring out a humorous response from the reader from the first word to the last. And as the adage says “ a good laugh heals a lot of hurts”. We have come up with a list of topics to ensure your audience laughs all the way.
List of 67 Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
- Which country wants more wars with its neighbours? Elect in a woman president.
- Men are happier than women.
- Why do men get intimidated by funny women?
- Want to see your man’s skin crawl? Reach out for his phone as he goes to the washroom.
- As fuel prices increase so should wages too.
- Lying is a necessary evil in relationships.
- Should parking be free for college students?
- Does becoming a vegetarian improve your life?
- Is time travel a reality or a fad?
- Women can do better than men and not in talking.
- Due to excessive use of cellphones on dates. People might fall in love with the others phone cover.
- Beauty and dumb or plain Jane with brains, which one would men prefer?
- When meeting with an ex do both party play in their mind “who won”?
- Should men wear skinny jeans?
- Psychologist will agree “never let your man’s mind wander, it is too little to be on its own?
- Should your parents keep off your Facebook?
- A break up insurance policy? Will people buy this premium?
- Does fair work all the time in life?
- Is jury duty voluntary?
- Why should your room be cleaned everyday?
- Which is the best way to fire your boss?
- What not to say on a first date.
- Do men behave more badly than women?
- Why is it that moms know best?
- The origin of April Fools Day.
- Funniest childhood memories of kindergarten.
- What not to wear on first date.
- Does happily ever after exist?
- How to fail at exercising.
- Are blind dates for the visually impaired?
- Did dogs stop eating homework?
- When sleep eludes can you count chicks instead of sheep?
- How can you make fun part of your daily life?
- What is the opposite of the Murphy’s law?
- What lessons have your learnt from your pet?
- Humorous first date experience.
- Why do women lie about their age?
- How to cope with college reunions?
- Things not to do in a traffic jam?
- How to lose your friends fast.
- How to be a delightful host.
- Do pets make people happy?
- Will there be a day that Facebook will not rule the world?
- Are fraternities not so cool nowadays.
- Men gossip more than women?
- Do men make better chefs?
- What you should not wear to a prom.
- Why is it always rule of the thumb and no any other finger?
- Should someone in his thirties still be living with their parents?
- Are talking cartoons like Talking Tom bad for child’s development?
- Are women better CEO’s?
- Are rural folks happier than town folks?
- Are horoscopes true?
- Should fat ladies wear skinny pants?
- Are blondes smarter than brunettes?
- Do funny people have a gene that makes them tickle?
- What are the determinants that you are addicted to the internet?
- Is there such thing as a profitable mistake?
- Dating rules women wish men knew?
- How to become a celebrity in your college?
- Is karma real?
- How to avoid phone call pranks.
- How to smile amidst tension.
- My first attempt on a bicycle?
- How to have fun in a reunion.
- What better ways can men do to remember birthdays, anniversaries etc.
- How can you get over a wardrobe malfunction?
Steps for an Effective Persuasion
Know your audience
You need to ask yourself the following questions about your audience?
- What are their beliefs in regards to the topic?
- What counter arguments may arise from them?
- Would they feel the topic affects them directly? And much more.
Support your opinion
Detail your topic and involve your readers senses. Use of anecdotes goes a long way in keeping them glued to the essay.
Find common ground
Counter arguments best tackled respectfully are convincing. Avoid being bullish as much as you find your opinion more stronger than that of your audience.
Have credible sources
Use reputable statistic and studies and cite appropriately.
Remember your essay should not be a string of jokes, it is a narrative it should have a beginning, middle and the end. Should your subject matter be serious be reminded that humour can ease tension and provide relief to difficult situations.