- October 26, 2016
One of the most daunting task of writing a research paper for a college students is selecting the best topic.
We understand that perfectly well. Here we have provided a list of great research topics that you can base your research paper on. They are categorised in varied fields that range from sports, history, science, psychology, social issues among others. We hope this list helps you get started with your research paper as soon as possible.
Before, we go to the list, here are a few tips on how to select and write great research paper topics
How to choose research paper topics
To select a research paper topic, begin by singling out your area of interest. A research paper can be lengthy and one needs to maintain their level of interest through their paper to avoid sounding wordy. Writing on an interesting topic always helps make your essay stand out among several essays that your teacher could be marking
Secondly, select a topic whose information is within your reach. For instance, if you choose a medical topic ensure you have enough secondary and primary sources to provide information for the started topic.
Here is a list of the best research paper topics to base your essay on.
Argumentative research paper topics
- How do fallacies of Afrocentrism affect the word
- Is money the root of all evil?
- To what extent has doping affect sports worldwide?
- The US immigration crisis: can building a wall be a solution
- Impacts of lowering the minimum age
- How effective is US counter attack on terrorism so far?
- What is the right age drinking
- Do video games among kids amount to leisure or abuse?
- Wage rates: fixed payments versus payments per hour
- Abortion: is legalization justifiable or not?
- Is the current tax rate fair or unfair?
- The effectiveness of military action against terrorism
- Nepotism or corruption: which is a greater vice?
- Has a school grade “A” lost its value?
- How essential is college education?
- Is a degree necessary for success in life?
- What is the perfect body shape?
- Corporate social responsibility: Should laws on this be more stringent?
- How effective are standardized tests?
- Should death penalty be abolished?
Psychology research paper topics
- Issues in parity health care
- Effective psychology in military interrogations
- An analysis of a famous psychologist and the work
- Analysis of the Stanford prison experiment
- Analysis of Milgram obedience experiment
- Analysis of different phobias
- How borderline personal disorder influences ones lifestyle
- Seasonal effective disorders
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Group therapy and its implications
- Psychoanalysis and psychodynamic therapies
- Behaviour therapy
- problem solving psychology
- How bullying affects child development
- Suitable parenting styles
- Learning disabilities and impact of child development
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Personality development
Word History research paper topics
- A detailed account of major historical errors
- How countries have evolved over the years
- Discussion of major wars in world history
- How have women been exploited across ages
- Discuss notable figures in history eg Abraham Lincoln or Nelson Mandela
- How have women evolved in industrial societies
- Achievements of notable women in European History
- History of United States
- Discuss the golden age of privacy
- Discuss the renaissance age
- Give a detailed account of the cold war and its impacts
- Discuss the Haitian Revolution
- Give a detailed account of the Spanish Civil War
- Ferdinand Magellan: who was he and what were his accomplishments
- An account of the nullification crisis of 1832
- How has Terrorism evolved over the years
- Titanic: account of once largest ship ever built
- Treaty of Ghent
- History of the aztec empire
- Discuss historical events in the nineteenth century
These are just a few ideas to get you thinking. You can select one topic and break it down to a more refined topic area.
If you are still stuck, check out the following: